This dip is another fantastic side dish that we have in our cuisine. Yogurt, water, cucumber, and garlic are the main ingredients of ‘Cacık’. I am sharing A Refreshing Turkish Yogurt & Cucumber Dip (Cacik Recipe) with you.
It is a very tasty and delicious flavor. You can also use this cacik as a dipping sauce. Because it is very amazing taste and flavor.
It is the best wingman of the most main dishes in Turkish cuisine. For centuries we loved to prepare and consume ‘Cacık’. In Turkey, some restaurants offer ‘Cacık’ as a meze and some offer it as a side dish.
Some restaurants don’t even charge money for it. If you like, you can garnish your cacık to make it look pretty when you serve it.
Cacık served with Kuzu Pirzola (lamb chops) is a perfect combination. Other grilled meats are great, too.
How To Make A Refreshing Turkish Yogurt & Cucumber Dip (Cacik Recipe) With Step By Step Instructions:
- Greek Yogurt (2 cups)
- Water (1 tbsp)
- Garlic (3 cloves)
- Baby Cucumber (3 cucumbers), using regular English cucumber
- Mints Leaves (5 leaves)
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil for
- In a medium bowl, beat the yogurt and water till creamy and smooth.
- Chop the cucumbers into small pieces and mince the garlic, then add to the yogurt. Add salt and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped mint and drizzle with olive oil. Cover and chill till required.
- Before serving, if you like, you can add a bit more dried mint to the surface of your cacık along with a drizzle more olive oil