Carolina Gold Sauce (Mustard Barbecue Sauce) Recipe is the easiest homemade BBQ sauce recipe you’ll find! This mustard BBQ sauce is so easy to make, spicy, & flavorful.
All you need to do is mix the ingredients together and wait for the flavors to develop. Use this BBQ sauce to smother your ribs, burgers, chicken, and many more.
Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce is particularly delicious when served with pulled pork on a bun, topped with crunchy coleslaw.
It is also wonderful spooned over grilled pork chops or grilled chicken. I’ve also enjoyed it over smoked pork ribs, where the tanginess really shines.
How To make Carolina Gold Sauce (Mustard Barbecue Sauce) Recipe With Step by Step Instructions:
- Yellow Mustard (1 cup)
- Honey (2 tbsp)
- Light Brown Sugar (1/4 cup)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (1/4 cup)
- Ground Black Pepper (1/2 tsp)
- Worcestershire Sauce (1 tsp)
- Cayenne Pepper (1/4 tsp)
- Garlic Powder (1 tsp)
- Ketchup (1 tbsp)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring all ingredients to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool and serve!