Today I am going to make a tasty and easy and Delicious Chicken Haleem Pakistani Food Recipe for you. It is very easy to make at home and the taste is fabulous. I hope you like this recipe and achieves appreciates from your family. This is a very popular recipe in the Eid festival and also famous in Pakistan. It is also known as a street food recipe. Because It is very common and famous in all street-side road Dhaba, hotel, and restaurants.
About Haleem Recipe | Haleem Recipe: Haleem is a rich mutton stew, popular in the Middle East and Asia. As common as it is in India, particularly in Hyderabad, it is surprising to know that Haleem actually has Persian roots. It is eaten in plenty of other parts of the world but most commonly by Muslims, especially in the holy month of Ramadan, for the Iftar while breaking their fast.
Ingredients of Haleem Recipe | Haleem: With lentils, spices, and broken wheat, it is a slow-cooked delicacy usually enjoyed during Eid festivities.
How To Make Delicious Chicken Haleem Pakistani Food Recipe Step By Step Instructions:
Ingredients Of Chicken Haleem:
- one kilogram of Chicken Boneless
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Ginger & Garlic Paste
- 1/2 cup of Brown Onion or Fried Onion
- 1 tablespoon of Turmeric Powder
- 3 tablespoons of Red Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Coriander Powder
- Mix Spices (Garam Masala Powder) 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Yogurt 1 cup
- 1/4 cup of Cooking oil or Olive oil
- Wheat 1/2 kg
- Bengal gram 1 cup
- Yellow Lentil 1/4 cup
- Red Lentil 1/4 cup
- Pigeon Peas (Split Lentil) 1/4 cup
- White Lentil 1/4 cup
- Rice 50 grams
For Garnished Of Chicken haleem:
- Sliced Ginger as required
- Garam Masala Powder to sprinkle
- Chat Masala Powder to sprinkle
- Coriander Leaves
- Chopped Green Chilies
- Lemon Wedges
- Lemon juice for a yummy taste
Instructions For Cooking:
- Soak wheat overnight.
- Rinse thoroughly in the morning.
- Cook this wheat with 12 cups of water so much so that it is tender and thick.
- Cook Bengal gram, yellow lentils, red lentils, pigeon peas, white lentils, and rice together until all of them are tender.
- Blend well. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté ginger garlic paste.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, mix spice powder, and coriander powder.
- Add brown onion, yogurt, and salt.
- Sauté. Add little water and boneless chicken and cook till tender.
- When done mash chicken very well.
- Mix chicken mixture and blended wheat and lentils mixture, cook and keep mixing haleem at the same time.
- Heat up oil for bhagat and fry sliced onion till golden brown.
- Pour this bhagat over haleem and garnish with sliced ginger, Garam Masala, and fresh coriander leaves and serve with lemon wedges