Welcome back to my blog. Today I am going to share a very Delicious & Easy Turkish Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe with you.
This delicious and easy Turkish cucumber salad is made with a few simple ingredients and is so tasty. A refreshing and simple side salad can really complete a meal.
This one is perfect to serve alongside chicken kebabs, grilled steak, or even pasta.
Creamy Cucumber Salad also called “Cacik” is made with small sweet Turkish cucumbers, and tossed in a creamy yogurt dressing with fresh mint and dill.
It’s a perfect complement to grilled meats and fish, offsetting heat and heaviness.
How To Make Delicious & Easy Turkish Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe WIth Step By Step Instructions:
- Small Cucumbers (7 to 8 )
- Kosher Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Fresh Dill (1/cup), chopped
- Fresh Mints leaves (1/2 cup), chopped
- Red Onion (1/4 cup), very finely sliced
- Greek Yogurt (3/4 cup)
- Sour Cream (1/2 cup), or more sub yogurt
- Lemon Juice (1/8 cup)
- Garlic (2 cloves), minced or grated
- Crackle Pepper to taste
- Honey or Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Olive Oil (1 tbsp)
- Using a mandolin, or sharp knife, slice cucumber into thin uniform disks and place them in a strainer over a bowl.
- Toss with the salt, and let stand 15-30 minutes (or place in the fridge overnight for a couple of hours) to help them release a little liquid.
- Drain or pat dry. (If in a hurry feel free to skip this step).
- Place drained cucumbers in a large bowl. Add chopped dill, chopped mint, and thinly sliced onions to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients -yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, minced garlic, pepper, honey, and olive oil and stir until smooth.
- Spoon over cucumbers and gently stir to combine.
- Taste for salt, and lemon, adding more to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.