Hi everyone! Be ready to learn another recipe. Today I am going to share with you how to cook samosa and chole in Punjabi style. Delicious Punjabi Samosa And Chole Pakistani Food Recipe is a widely requested recipe. Today I will teach you a very easy way how to make it at home. Be ready to taste very different.
In this recipe, I am using chickpeas. The most important ingredient is chickpeas. If you don’t have chickpeas so go and have them from the superstore of groceries. Not just only do Pakistani people like it also Indian people love this recipe. Let’s get started.
Benefits of Chickpeas:
Here, I am sharing some incredible and very important benefits of chickpeas. These benefits are given below:
- Chickpeas are high in Vitamins.
- Good for brain health.
- Protect your healthy heart
- Prevent cancer
- It gives your strength bone and muscle
- Reduce cholesterol level
- Boost your immunity
- Healing your skin
- Control diabetes
- Good in fiber and iron sources
- Prevents anemia
- Fight anti-aging
- The chickpeas are great for your eyes and jaundice
- Regulates hormonal level in women
- Chickpeas manage your weight.
How To Make Delicious Punjabi Samosa And Chole Pakistani Food Recipe Step By Step Instruction:
- Flour ( 2 cups )
- Granulated Wheat ( 1 tsp )
- Carom Seeds ( 1 tsp )
- Water ( as needed )
- Salt ( 1/2 tsp )
- Ghee ( 3 tsp )
- Ginger ( 2 inches )
- Green Chilli ( 3-4 )
- Cumin Seeds ( 1 tsp )
- Fennel Seeds ( 1 tsp )
- Dry Coriander Seeds ( 1 tsp )
- Potatoes ( 9-10 boiled )
- Ghee ( 1 tsp )
- Green Peas ( 1/3 boiled cup )
- Salt ( to taste )
- Black Pepper ( as needed )
- Chaat Masala ( 1 tsp )
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves ( 1/2 tsp )
- Fresh Coriander ( 3 tsp chopped )
- Oil ( for frying as needed )
For Making Dough:
- Take a medium size of the bowl, add flour, add granulated wheat, add salt, add carom seeds, and ghee. Mix well.
- Make sure carom seeds are completely palms to enhance the flavor.
- The texture of the mixture should be hard like breadcrumbs and easily stick when pressed. Add some water and continue mixing the flour.
- Keep mixing the dough for 7-8 minutes. Cover the dough with the cloth for 30 minutes.
- When your filling will ready then fill the dough with it.
- Take a grinder jar and make ginger and green chili paste.
- Add green chilies, add ginger, and grind. Make a smooth paste of it.
- Take a small size of mortar and pestle, add cumin seeds, add fennel seeds, add dry coriander powder, and grind into a fine powder.
- Use this powder in making the filling.
Let’s Making Samosa Paste:
- Cut the boiled potatoes into small pieces for making the filling. Take a pan and heat it up on the low flame.
- Add ghee and add all spices. Cook for 40 seconds on the low flame.
- Add ginger chili paste and cook for 2 minutes on low flame. Add boiled potatoes, add salt, add green peas, add pepper to taste, add chaat masala, add dry fenugreek leaves, add chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix nicely.
- Cook the potatoes for 7 minutes on high flame.
- When the color is changed, mash the potatoes nicely.
- Turn off the flame and transfer the mashed potatoes to a bowl. Let the potatoes cool down.
- The filling is ready for the samosas.
How to Making Samosa:
- Take the dough and make the thin samosa sheet. Take the equal size of dough for each samosa sheet.
- Make sheets from that flattened dough. Make sure each sheet is an oval shape.
- Remember, do not make sheets very thin or too thick. Divide the sheets width-wise in two equal halves. Once it’s done, roll the sheets and cut.
- Each sheet may shrink a little bit.
- Pick sheets one by one and apply water on the edges of the straight lines.
- Now bring every end together and seal well. Check the shape. The shape must be like a cone.
- Fill the equal amount of aloo filling and press lightly downwards.
- Please seal each samosa properly. When you are done shaping all samosas, in the same way, cover with a dry cloth.
- Now it’s time to fry them.
Now Let’s Fry Samosas:
- Take a deep pan and add oil. Make sure the pan should be wide enough. Turn on the flame and heat the oil on medium flame.
- Drop all samosas one by one carefully. Fry calmly on the medium flame till they are crispy.
- Cook till they change color to a golden brown. Oil shouldn’t be too hot, fry all the samosas on medium flame.
- When samosas are cooked from inside. Set the flame on a low flame. Samosas are ready.
- Transfer all crispy samosas to a plate. Serve it with chutney and whatever you like.
- Serve it with Chole.