I am going to make a very Delicious & Tasty Asian Slaw Recipe (Asian Salad) for you. It is a very tasty Asian slaw or coleslaw. There’s nothing like a good coleslaw to signal the coming of summer. But, many people are a bit uneasy about serving a mayonnaise-based dish in 90-degree weather.
This Asian Slaw is quite different from the usual slaw because the dressing is much lighter. Yes, it does have a decent amount of mayonnaise in it, but it’s much fresher and zingier rather than heavy and rich.
I had a lot of cabbage to use up after making the coleslaw. And I’ve had Asian slaw on my list of recipes to work on forever. And well, summer is unofficially about to begin, with Memorial Day weekend just about upon us. This slaw is perfect for summer gatherings. So I figured now was the time!
This Asian slaw is everything you know and loves about classic slaw with a fantastic Asian twist. It is made with an Asian mayonnaise dressing. I am definitely sure you like this Asian slaw with a tasty dressing. Hope you enjoy it.
How To Make Delicious & Tasty Asian Slaw Recipe (Asian Salad) With Step By Step Instructions:
Ingredients For Dressing:
- Peanut Butter or Cashew (1/4 cup)
- White Miso Paste (2 tbsp)
- Sesame Oil (1 tsp)
- Lime Juice (2 tbsp)
- Grated Ginger (1 tsp)
- Water (2 to 4 tbsp), as needed
Ingredients For Salad:
- Red or Green Cabbage (5 to 6 cups), shredded
- (The mix of Peppers): I used 3 Anaheim, 3 bananas peppers, Or use 1 red bell and 1 poblano
- Scallions (2 chopped)
- Cilantro (1/2 cup), chopped
- Fresh Basil (1/2 cup), use Thai Basil or mints leaves
- Thai Chili (2 chilies)
- Salt to taste
- Toasted Peanut & Pepitas (1/4 cup), OR Sesame seeds
- Ripe Peach (1 peach), thinly sliced
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, miso paste, lime juice, sesame oil, and ginger.
- Whisk in enough water to create a drizzle consistency. Set aside.
- In a dry cast-iron skillet over medium heat, char the peppers whole, rotating until the edges have a little char, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove. When cool to the touch, slice in half lengthwise, remove the stem, ribbing, and seeds, and slice horizontally into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, peppers, scallions, cilantro, basil, chiles, and ¾ of the dressing.
- Toss until combined. Add the remaining dressing, if desired, and season to taste with a few pinches of sea salt.
- Serve topped with the toasted nuts, seeds, and sliced peaches.