Are you looking for a spicy Delicious & Tasty Chicken Dum Biryani Pakistani Food Recipe / Then try my style, “ Double Masala Chicken Dum Biryani”. there is an amazing chicken dum biryani recipe waiting to be enjoyed!
Here, is the step-by-step method of a mouth-watering dum biryani that you must try at home. Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe is one of the best ways to make biryani and mind you, it is full of very distinct flavors.
In this recipe, I am sharing Chicken Dum Biryani with Double Masala. Please do not think Double Masala Biryani is a new recipe. It is almost like Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani, but there is just the variation in balancing the spices and how the Dum is done.
How To Make Delicious & Tasty Chicken Dum Biryani Pakistani Food Recipe Step By Step Instructions:
Here, I am showing you how to make this recipe at home. I am also using simple ingredients so don’t worry about all ingredients because these are ingredients easily available in your kitchen corner. Chicken Dum Biryani is best served with some raita and salad.
It makes for a royal dinner and one can never have enough. So, if you are planning on surprising your loved ones with a celebration of flavors then here is the chicken biryani recipe that you need to make! Follow this one-pot meal recipe and your Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe would be ready for you to relish.
So Let’s start with the recipe:
For Double Chicken Masala Ingredients:
- Chicken (700 grams)
- Yogurt ( 250 ml)
- Milk Cream (1/4 cup)
- Ghee ( 2 tbsp)
- Fried Onion (1/4 cup)
- Salt to taste
- Black Cumin (1 tbsp)
- Cloves (10 cloves)
- Cardamon ( 8 pieces)
- Cinnamon Stick (2-inch stick )
- Kapok Buds (2 pieces)
- Biryani Leaf ( 1 leaf)
- Mace ( 1 )
- Cardamom Powder (1 tbsp)
- Roasted Cumin Powder (1 tbsp)
- Roasted Coriander Powder (1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Salt
- Garam Masala (1 tbsp)
- Green Coriander Chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves Chopped
- Two Big Onions fried
- 2.5 tbsp Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1.5 tbsp Ginger Garlic
Ingredient Of Biryani Rice:
- 2.5 cups Basmati Rice (375 gm)
- 2.5 liters of Boiling Water
- 5 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Black Cumin
- 10 Cloves
- 6 Cardamoms
- 2-inch Cinnamon
- 1 Mace
- 2 Kapok Buds
- 2 Star Anise
- Ginger Garlic Paste (1 tbsp)
- Green Coriander chopped (3 tbsp)
- Chopped Mint Leaves (3 tbsp)
- Lemon Juice (1 tbsp)
- Dry Rose Petals (3 tbsp)
- 4 Green Chillies Sliced
The Ingredients Of Biryani Dum:
- Maida Flour Paste
- Garam Masala (14 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 1/4 cup Oil from fried Onions
- 1/4 cup Saffron soaked in Milk
- 2 tbsp Fried Onions
- A little Green Coriander chopped
- 1/3 cup Boiling Water
- Firstly, I have marinated the chicken overnight or 3 hours before the start of cooking, so take a large pot and all ingredients of chicken and mix well. Add all spicy yogurt and rub the chicken hard with the masala and keep it in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Wash the rice and soak the basmati rice for an hour.
- In another large pot, add water and also add masala ingredients and boil the water
- Add soaked rice to this boiling water and cook it for at least 60% on a high flame
- Take out 100 ml of boiling water and mix it with the marinated chicken
- Strain the 60% cooked Rice and spread it in two layers on the Chicken. Then add the 70% cooked Rice to another layer and then finally add the 80 % cooked Rice in a uniform layer.
- Spread all the Dum materials on the Rice. Add the Ghee, Oil, Saffron Milk to the whole Biryani. Pour the boiling water along the edges of the vessel.
- Stick the Maida paste along the edges and fix the cover tight. Make a small hole somewhere and cook on high flame until steam comes out of that hole.
- While the steam is coming out fast, reduce fire and cook on all four sides of the vessel, two minutes on each side on low flame. Cook in the center for another two minutes. Switch off the stove and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- In 30 minutes Dum, the Chicken cooks well and the Rice becomes fluffy. After 30 minutes, mix from the bottom and serve with cool Raita.