Welcome back to my cooking blog. Today I am going to make a very tasty and different style of Dal recipe. It is famous in Pakistan and also likes the people in India because it is made very easy and the taste is outstanding that is why it is popular all the world. I know this Chana Dal (split lentil) make in different styles like Punjabi Chana Dal Recipe, Dhaba Style Chana Dal Recipe, Street Food Chana Dal Recipe, and Gujarati Style Chana Dal recipe. So Today, my article about this Dry Chana Dal (Gujarati Style) Pakistani Food Recipe so don’t miss the end of the article and also sharing the benefits of Spilt Lentils (Chana Dal) & how many nutrients in this Lentils? So let’s start the article and read about the Split Lentils.
13 SUPER BENEFITS AND NUTRITIONS OF CHANA DAL (SPLIT CHICKPEAS) FOR HEALTH:
Here, I am sharing some good and incredible benefits of chana dal (split chickpeas) are given below:
- Its help to lower cholesterols
- Good for diabetes patients
- Helps to lose weight
- Great source of energy
- It balances your blood sugar level
- Control your blood pressure
- Balances hormones level in women
- Chana dal is high in fiber, zinc, calcium, and protein
- It is low in fat
- It is a good source for providing energy. In 30 grams of Chana Dal (Split Chickpeas) provides around 100 calories with the number of vitamins and minerals.
- Excellent source of vegetarian Proteins
- Keeps your heart healthy
- Chana Dal is a good source of folic acid that’s why it is the superfood for pregnant women
How To Make Dry Chana Dal (Gujarati Style) Pakistani Food Recipe Step By Step Instructions:
Here, I am sharing how to make this recipe with step by step instructions:
- Chana Dal 1 cup (Soak the split lentils in the water for 3 hours before the cooking)
- Cooking oil 3 to 4 tbsp (Olive Oil is good for your health)
- Mustard Seeds 1/2 tbsp (It’s also called Rai Dana)
- Asafoetida 1/2 tbsp (The common is Hing)
- Finely chopped onion 1 cup
- 2 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder 2 tbwsp
- Coriander Powder 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds Powder 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tbsp
- 3/4 cup of finely chopped Tomatoes
- Salt to taste (as a required)
- Garam Masala Powder 3/4 tsp
- Water 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves & Green Chilies for garnishing
Procedure Of Cooking:
- Heat cooking oil in a pressure cooker
- Add Mustard seeds. As the Rai crazy Klee, then add (asafoetida) hing
- Mix together and then add finely chopped onion and saute lightly.
- Then add ginger garlic paste.
- Mix and sauté properly.
- As the onion turns brown
- Then add kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, turmeric powder, add 1 tbsp of salt
- Now mix the all spices together
- Add 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes till they be one soft and leaves oil.
- Add Chana Dal and mix.
- Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup water and close the lid of the cooker.
- Cook till 3 whistles.
- After the cooker cools down, open and check for excess water.
- If the Dal is too loose, let it boil for a while with the lid on.
- Then add garam masala powder and mix.
- Add Coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, parathas, you can also eat with rice