Welcome back to my cooking blog. You know that In this blog I am trying to share many different kinds and different styles of Pakistani recipes with you. That is why today I am sharing a Pakistani spicy recipe. In this article, I introduce Easy Homemade Biryani Masala Pakistani Food Recipe to you.
Homemade biryani masala powder trumps the commercial variety any day. There’s much to love about the homemade stuff. I am also sharing Garam masala powder.
It’s commonly used as a seasoning for biryani, pulao, and other rice dishes, and even for mutton or chicken curry. In the market, these spicy masalas are easily available in any store. But today I am sharing homemade biryani masala without artificial color, artificial flavor, and presentative flavor.
Any biryani rice recipe including veg and non-veg is incomplete without the perfect blend of biryani masala powder. but to find a perfect masala and its authenticity can be tricky.
How To Make Easy Homemade Biryani Masala Pakistani Food Recipe WIth Step By Step Instructions:
Here, I am sharing how to make easy biryani masala with step-by-step instructions. These ingredients are made only 120 ml ( 1 cup) masala. It is ready within 20 minutes only. Let’s start the recipe:
- Bay leave ( 1 leaf)
- Fennel Seeds ( 1 & 1/2 tsp)
- Star Anise ( 2 stars)
- Green Cardamon (10 to 12 )
- Black Cardamom ( 2 )
- Black Peppercorn ( 1 tsp)
- Cinnamon Stick ( 5 sticks)
- Cloves ( 1 tbsp)
- Coriander Seeds ( 4 tbsp)
- Cumin Seeds (1 tbsp)
- Shahi Jeera , Caraway seeds (2 tbsp)
- Mace (1 javitri)
- Nutmeg (1/2 tsp)
- Stone Flower ( 3 Kalpaasi or dagad phool – medium size)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Firstly, in a thick bottomed pan dry roast red chili and bay leave till they turn crisp. keep aside.
- Further dry roast coriander seeds, 1 tbsp cumin, and 1 tbsp caraway seeds (shahi jeera) till they turn aromatic. keep aside.
- Also dry roast maces, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cloves, black cardamoms, star anise, cardamoms, peppercorn, and 1 tsp fennel / Saunf.
- Transfer to a blender and allow to cool completely.
- Also, add in ½ tsp turmeric powder.
- Blend to a fine powder and transfer to the airtight container. Sieve it
- Finally, store biryani masala powder in an airtight container, or glass jar and use it to prepare biryani.
This biryani masala powder can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months though we like to make smaller batches fresh every month.
Keep in mind that all lose their aroma and flavor quicker than whole masalas.