This Easy Salsa Verde Sauce Recipe is fresh, bright, and not too salty like those store-bought versions. Our Salsa verde recipe is really easy to make and the ingredients are available at almost every supermarket.
Salsa is so easy to whip up, and perfect for the outdoor dining table all summer long! I definitely prefer this roasting method over the raw versions or boiled versions. This is my idea of the BEST salsa verde!
How To Make Easy Salsa Verde Sauce Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
Homemade Salsa Verde is so much better than what you get in a bottle! This green salsa recipe is so easy to make, it’s deliciously flavorful, and it makes a delicious topping to your favorite Mexican food. Or simply serve it with chips for a perfect party appetizer or dinner side dish.
This is my favorite Salsa Verde recipe! The tomatillos and pepper are roasted for a flavorful light char, then the ingredients are quickly blitzed in a food processor for an easy finish. Such a bright refreshing chip dip or taco topping!
- Tomatillos (1 & 1/4 Ibs), husked
- Jalapeno (1 ), stem removed
- Yellow Onion (2/3 cup), chopped
- Cilantro ( 1/4 cup)
- Garlic (1 clove), minced
- Salt to taste
- Sugar (1/2- 1 tsp) to taste
- Fresh Lime Juice (1 tbsp)
- Water (3 tbsp), then more as desired
- Move oven rack about 4-inch below broiler element, preheat broiler to high heat.
- Place tomatillos and jalapeno on a baking sheet then place in the oven and roast for about 4 – 5 minutes until charred on top (keep a close on things as they can char pretty quickly – especially the pepper).
- Rotate veggies to the opposite side and roast until charred on the opposite side, about 3 – 5 minutes longer.
- Slice pepper then adds to a food processor along with onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, sugar, lime juice, water, and tomatillos (and any juices on the pan).
- Pulse several times to a coarse puree.
- Stir in more water to thin if desired.
- Chill through in the refrigerator in an airtight container.