This Easy & Tasty Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce Recipe is easy to make, easy to adapt, and most importantly absolutely delicious! Learn how to make this authentic Asian sweet chili sauce with step-by-step instructions.
It is very to make at home because I am using simple ingredients and I am sure these ingredients are easily available in your kitchen cabinets. So friends, let’s start the recipe and enjoy your favorite snacks with this sweet chili sauce.
This incredibly simple sauce, sometimes called Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, is sweet, sour, and spicy. If you’re a fan of the classic sweet and sour sauce, this is quite similar, but with a delightfully spicy kick.
This sauce goes great on tofu, chicken, seafood (especially shrimp and salmon), and vegetables.
How To Make Easy & Tasty Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
- Red Chili (1 chili), finely chopped
- Water (25 ml)
- Salt to taste
- White Wine Vinegar (85 ml)
- Caster Sugar (175 grams)
- Fish Sauce (12 grams)
- Galic (1/2 clove), minced
- Fresh Ginger (1 tsp), finely chopped
- Cornflour (1 pinch)
- To make the dip, mix the water and cornflour together to dilute the cornflour.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil
- Once boiling, whisk in the water and cornflour solution and boil for another 1-2 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave to cool
- Serve in small bowls as a dip alongside your favorite Southeast Asian dishes