In many countries, fresh bread is eaten with meals, no matter what type of bread. Fresh bread gives a delicate aroma. Try this Homemade Delicious Turkish Bread Recipe (Turkish Pide) and enjoy your meal. This Turkish pide bread is shaped round and relatively flat in form and has a weave-like patterned crust, usually shaped with hands.
Ramazan Pidesi is traditionally topped with sesame and nigella seeds. We use the easy No-Knead method for baking this Turkish flatbread can bake and enjoy this wonderful pide bread in less than 2 hours. you can make the dough ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
You can also refrigerate the dough until you are ready to use it. It will keep for around 24 hours, but take it out of the refrigerator a good 3 hours before you want to use it, to give it time to return to room temperature slowly.
How To Make Homemade Delicious Turkish Bread Recipe (Turkish Pide) With Step By Step Instructions:
- Warm Milk (1 cup)
- Water (1 cup), warm
- Olive Oil (3 tbsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Instant Dry Yeast (2 & 1/4 tsp)
- Egg (1 large), use only the white part of an egg
- All-purpose flour (4 & 1/2 cups)
Ingredients Of Yogurt Egg Glaze:
- Egg (1 large), use only egg yolk
- Plain Yogurt (1 tbsp)
- Water (1 tbsp)
- Sesame Seeds (2 tbsp), use only topping
- In a large bowl mix milk, water, olive oil, sugar, salt, instant dry yeast, and egg white.
- Add the flour in batches and mix until the dough comes together.
- Cover and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to rise.
- Sprinkle your surface generously with flour.
- Transfer the dough from the bowl to the surface and shape it into a boule. Cut the dough into 8 pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place two of the dough balls on the baking sheet.
- Cover loosely and let them rise for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400ºF and place an empty baking dish on the lower rack.
- Mix the egg yolk, yogurt, and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- This will be your glaze. Brush with some of the glazes and using your fingers, spread the dough into a round circle with ½ inch thickness.
- Using your fingers, make indentations on the dough about 1 inch from the edge to make a circle.
- Then with your fingers make diagonal indentations in two different directions to make diamonds inside that circle.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and let it sit for 10 minutes. Repeat the same process with the remaining 6 dough balls.
- Once the oven is hot, uncover the prepared dough and make the indentations again.
- Top with sesame seeds and place the baking sheet on the middle rack.
- Fill the baking dish on the lower rack with 2 cups of water and close the oven door.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes until golden on top.
- Once out of the oven, cover the loaves with a damp paper towel.
- The steam of the bread with being trapped and your bread will be soft and fluffy.
- Repeat the baking process with the remaining loaves.