Today I am sharing a very tasty and yummy Homemade Teriyaki Sauce (Japanese Restaurant-Style) Recipe with you. It is a very flavor full recipe because this sauce you can use in your snack as well as using in Japanese recipes. So read the complete article and make this sauce at home. And enjoy the restaurant-style Japanese recipe at home.
This ten-minute homemade teriyaki sauce is going to knock your socks off! So much tastier than bottled, it is a luscious tangy sauce that adds so much flavor to your chicken, salmon, stir-fries, and more.
Teriyaki sauce is used most commonly for chicken, beef, and fish, but also for pork and even for offal as well. The most popular is Teriyaki Chicken. The thick, sweet, salty marinade matches perfectly with poultry and creates a wonderful caramelization when seared over high heat.
How To Make Homemade Teriyaki Sauce (Japanese Restaurant-Style) Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
- Soy Sauce ( 1/2 cup )
- Mirin ( 1/2 cup )
- Sugar ( 2 tbsp ) granulated
- Fresh Ginger Roots ( 1 tsp ) finely chopped
- Chopped Garlic ( 1 tsp ) finely chopped
- In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. Add more sugar, if desired.
- If you are using the optional fresh ginger root and/or garlic, slice or chop the ginger and garlic and add it to the other ingredients. Over medium-high, heat the skillet while stirring the mixture well.
- Lower heat to medium and bring sauce to a boil, then turn down the heat to low. Simmer sauce for a few minutes until it reduces slightly.
- Remove pan from heat and allow teriyaki sauce to cool.
- If you added ginger root or garlic to the sauce, strain the sauce to remove the ginger and garlic pieces using a strainer.
How To Store This Teriyaki Sauce For Longer Time?
If you want to make this ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator or make a double batch so you have some on hand, teriyaki sauce will keep in a tightly sealed container for a long period of time (a small plastic lidded one works well) but will taste best if you use it within a week