Homemade Yakiniku Sauce Recipe 焼肉のタレ is a mixture of savory and sweet flavors with bold sesame essence that is used to season grilled meats in Japanese cuisine. This sauce is used in dipping grilled meat. This sauce has 171 calories only.
Yakiniku is Japanese simply means “grilled meat”, so really the sauce says exactly what it is: grilled meat sauce. It’s a perfect marinade to add an Asian-inspired sweet and gingery twist (with a little crushed red pepper heat) to your steak, chicken, or pork.
This Japanese-style barbecue sauce is the perfect marinade for grilling. This is my regular tare (dipping sauce) for Yakiniku (grilled meat), or anything grilled including seafood and vegetables. It’s rich in flavors with two kinds of soy sauce (or you can make with one kind), Hatcho miso, ginger, garlic, etc.
The key to Yakiniku sauce, however, is sesame seeds, and in this recipe, the addition of roasted ground sesame seeds takes the sauce to an entirely new level of “wow.”
How TO Make Homemade Yakiniku Sauce Recipe 焼肉のタレ With Step By Step Instructions:
- Sake ( 2 tbsp)
- Mirin ( 2 tbsp )
- Sugar ( 1 tsp )
- Rice Vinegar ( 1/2 tsp) unseasoned
- Soy Sauce ( 3 tbsp)
- Miso ( 1/2 tsp)
- Katsuobushi ( 1/4 tsp) dried bonito flakes
- Apple ( 1/8 )
- Toasted White Sesame Seeds ( 2 tsp)
Gather all the ingredients. I highly recommend making the sauce a day before.
- In a small saucepan, add sake, mirin, sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, miso, katsuobushi, and simmer for 1 ½ minutes.
- Strain the sauce. If you plan to preserve the sauce for a longer time, pour the sauce in a mason jar (or airtight container) and do not add grated apple and sesame seeds(next step) yet.
- It will last longer without a grated apple. Keep refrigerated for up to a month.
- Add the sesame seeds and grated apple to the sauce.
- Now it’s ready to use.
- I recommend keeping the sauce sit overnight in the refrigerator for melding all the flavors together.
- The sauce may taste too salty by itself without grilled meat.
- When you actually dip the meat in the sauce, the two flavors complement each other.
- Store in the refrigerator and use it within 3 days.