Hello everyone! today I am going to share a very interesting and delicious Okonomiyaki Japanese Pancakes Recipe with you. This recipe is made easy and the taste is very yummy to eat. I hope you like this recipe. It is a very healthy breakfast for you. Try it and enjoy it with your family. Let’s start with the recipe how to make it?
Okonomiyaki is Japanese savory pancakes packed with flavor and SO easy to make! Ready in less than 30 minutes, this ‘as you like it‘ pancake recipe is sure to be the new family favorite.
The cooked okonomiyaki is then topped with some delicious okonomiyaki sauce and served with Japanese mayonnaise.
You’ll find this classic Japanese street food dish at markets, festivals, and specialty okonomiyaki restaurants where it’s cooked on large hot plates in the middle of the table.
It’s also a popular meal Japanese families will cook at home, usually tweaking the recipe to suit their own tastes, methods or to use up ingredients they already have on hand.
How To Make Okonomiyaki Japanese Pancakes Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
- Plain Four ( 1 & 1/2 cups)
- Baking Powder ( 1 tsp )
- Lightly Beaten Eggs ( 4 eggs )
- White Miso Paste ( 2 tbsp)
- Cold Sada Water ( 1 cup ) 250 ml
- White Cabbage, Finely Shredded ( 1/4 cabbage )
- Zucchini, Coarsely Grated ( 1 zucchini )
- Green Shallots, Thinly Sliced ( 3 long green shallots)
- Medium Green Prawns, peeled, deveined ( 20 prawns )
- Sunflower Oil ( 1/3 cup) 80 ml
- Avocado wedges, Kewpie Mayonnaise, Baby spinach, & Toasted white sesame seeds, to Serve
- Combine flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add egg and miso paste, and gently whisk in soda water until a smooth batter forms.
- Add vegetables and prawns and stir to combine. Season.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium heat.
- Working in batches, spoon 1/4 cup (60ml) of batter for each pancake into the pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining oil and batter.
- Serve okonomiyaki warm with avocado wedges, a generous drizzle of Kewpie, baby spinach leaves, toasted sesame seeds, and extra-long green shallots