Today, I am going to share a very delicious and easy Sugo Di Pomodoro (Tomato Sauce) Recipe with you. It is an Authentic tomato sauce by Italian Recipes. This is a sauce that perfectly embodies Italian tastes.
Simple and appetizing, it is the Mediterranean condiment par excellence. The fresh tomato and basil sauce goes well with any pasta, fish, or meat main course, or as an appetizer.
You can use any kind of pasta, pizza, and many other different recipes. Tomato sauce is very to make at home. In this recipe, you can use fresh tomato as well as tomato cans. It is depended on your mood which is the option that is easy for you. Don’t waste more time so let’s start the recipe.
How To make Sugo Di Pomodoro (Tomato Sauce) Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (2 tbsp)
- Onion ( 1 medium-size) chopped
- Garlic ( 4 cloves), halved
- Crushed Tomatoes (14 ounces) 2 cans passata
- Fresh basil ( 1/4 cup) torn in half
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add passata (crushed tomatoes), basil, and salt.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the tomato sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove garlic halves before serving.