Hello everyone! Welcome back to my cooking blog. Today I am going to sharing a very Tasty Fry Dal Pakistani Food Recipe (Restaurant Style Dal) with you. It is very to make and very delicious tasty to eat. This dal fry is very famous in Pakistan. This recipe is also popular in India. . Relish this mouthwatering, mildly-spiced, creamy lentil dish with roti, naan, or your favorite steamed rice.
This recipe is good and very healthy because of Red Lentils (Masoor daal), Pigeon Lentils (Chana Daal) is good nutritional food. Daal is a good taste with rice. As a kid, I used to love having this dish with rice, especially at dinner because it can make your sleep better too.
How To Make Tasty Fry Dal Pakistani Food Recipe (Restaurant Style Dal) Step By Step Instructions:
Dal fry is a delicious lentil recipe popular in India that is made with tur dal (pigeon pea lentils), onions, tomatoes, and spices. I share both the stovetop and Instant pot methods to make this dal fry recipe.
It is ready within 20 minutes only. The preparation of the recipe in just 15 minutes. You can easy to eat it because it is a vegetarian recipe. I hope you can try this recipe and I am definitely sure you can like this recipe.
In Pressure Cooker Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of Pigeon Lentils ( Chana Daal)
- half cup of Red Lentil ( Masoor Daal)
- Turmeric Powder ( 1 pinch)
Other Dal Ingredients:
- Olive Oil ( 2 to 3 tbsp)
- Mustard Seeds (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin Seeds ( 1 tsp)
- Finely Chopped Onion ( 1 medium-sized)
- Ginger & Garlic paste ( 1 tsp)
- Green Chilies ( 2 chilies)
- Dry Red Chilies ( 2 to 3 chilies)
- Asafoetida Powder ( 2 to 3 pinches)
- Turmeric Powder ( 1/2 tsp)
- Red Chili Powder ( 1/2 tsp)
- Finely Chopped Tomato ( 1 medium-sized)
- Water as required
- Kasturi methi ( 1 tsp ) dry fenugreek leaves
- Hand full Green Coriander
- Garam masala Powder ( 1/2 tsp)
- Lemon Juice ( 1 tsp)
How to cook lentils in a pressure cooker?
- Firstly, take the pigeon and red lentil in the sieve and wash with water three to four times.
- Drain all the water
- Then add the lentils to a 2- liter pressure cooker.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder (Haldi) and 1.5 cups water.
- Pressure cook the lentils for 9 to 10 minutes on medium heat until they are softened thoroughly.
- Once the lentils are cooked, then mash them lightly with a wired whisk or with a spoon and set aside.
How to cook other spices and veggies?
- Take a pot and add olive oil
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds fry them
- Now add chopped onion to saute stirring often until they become translucent or light brown.
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for some seconds or until their raw aroma disappears. Add the green chilies, red chilies, curry leaves and mix well.
- Add all the spice powders – turmeric powder, red chili powder, asafoetida powder. Stir and mix again.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they soften and you see oil releasing from the sides of the masala.
- Then add mashed dal thoroughly and also add salt and water again and cook it
- The consistency of dal is not thin and not thick too much
- Lastly, crush the Kasuri methi in the palms of your hands and add. Then add garam masala powder. Simmer for a minute. Switch off the heat and add chopped coriander leaves. Add lemon juice if you want, at this stage, and stir well.
- In the end, add coriander and serve with a topping of butter.
- Serve dal fry hot with steamed basmati rice, biryani rice, jeera rice, or saffron pulao. It also goes well with roti or naan.