Tasty Homemade Peri Peri Dipping Sauce Recipe
Make Tasty Homemade Peri Peri Dipping Sauce Recipe in less than 30 minutes and use it as a marinade for Peri-Peri chicken, serve it as a dip, or spice up roasted veggies!
The peri-peri sauce also called Piri Piri sauce, it’s a traditional Portuguese-African hot sauce made mostly with African Bird’s Eye chili peppers.
This recipe is a shout-out to all the lovers of the spiciest sauce i.e Peri Peri Sauce. Also known as Piri Piri or pili, you can easily prepare your very own Peri-Peri sauce at home easily by following these simple steps.
We have also been enjoying this sauce on marinated grilled chicken breasts which make most excellent chicken burgers. You’ll definitely want to try that idea.
How To Make Tasty Homemade Peri Peri Dipping Sauce Recipe With Step By Step instructions:
- Red Onion (2 medium-sizes), peeled and roughly chopped
- Garlic (1 clove), peeled and roughly chopped
- African Bird’s Eye Chilies (1 cup), remove stems
- Red Bell Pepper (2 peppers), remove seeds and roughly chopped
- Ripe Tomatoes (3 medium-sizes), remove the skin and roughly chopped
- Olive Oil (4 tbsp)
- Lemon (3 lemons), juice with zest
- Red Wine Vinegar (1/3 cup)
- Sugar (2 tbsp)
- Salt (1 tbsp)
- Cracked Black Pepper (1 tsp)
- bay leaves ( 2 leaves)
- Dried Oregano (1 tbsp)
- Smoked Paprika (1 tbsp)
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor/blender and mix until all the ingredients are finely choppedand the mixture is quite saucy.
- Transfer to a saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes to prevent the sauce from burning.
- After 20 minutes, check the seasoning and adjust.
- The sauce should be well balanced with a good kick of spice and sourness from the lemon and vinegar.
- Pour into jars/bottles and keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.