Today I am sharing a very tasty, Delicious & Easy Turkish bread Recipe (Turkish Pide) with you. In this bread, you can fill any kind of filling. You can also fill meat with cheese, feta cheese, spinach with cheese, or only cheese. It is depending on your mood. Like a pizza, Turkish pide can be made with a variety of toppings.
Some favorites include ground meat with onions, Turkish cheddar cheese, feta cheese, spinach, and pastrami, or even with Turkish spicy sausage and cheese.
Some folks even crack an egg on pide toward the end of its baking. It’s important to emphasize near the end of baking or as soon as it comes out of the oven because if you crack it too early, you risk overcooking it and ending up with a hard egg.
You want the egg to be slightly runny still, but with the whites mostly cooked. A savory bread baked with feta cheese, parsley, mozzarella and sprinkled with nigella seeds.
How To Make Delicious & Easy Turkish bread Recipe (Turkish Pide) With Step by Step Instructions:
Ingredients Of Dough:
- All-purpose flour (1 & 3/4 cup)
- Warm Water (3/4 cup)
- Dried Yeast (2 tsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Kosher Salt (1 tsp)
- Olive Oil (1/2 tbsp)
Ingredients Of Filling:
- Crumbled Feta (3/4 cup)
- Mozzarella Cheese (2/3 cup), shredded
- Curly Parsley (1/4 cup), finely chopped
- Cinnamon Powder (1/4 tsp)
- Black Pepper (1/8 tsp), cracked
Ingredients Of Egg Wash Component:
- Egg (1 large), beaten with 1 tbsp of water added to it egg-wash and olive oil
- Nigella Seeds (1/4 tsp), sprinkling
- Cornmeal (1 tbsp), for dusting the baking sheet
- In a large bowl place flour and salt.
- In a small bowl place the warm water (the water should be between 100°F-110°F)). Add the yeast and sugar, stir lightly and let it sit until frothy.
- This will take about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour and blend well until a soft dough forms.
- I like to use my hands but a dough hook on a stand mixer will work fine too.
- Place inside a bowl that has been rubbed with a little olive oil.
- Cover and let it sit until double in size.
- Save the remaining olive oil for the egg wash.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.Turn dough onto a floured surface.
- Punch down and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Mix beaten egg, water, and remaining olive oil to make an egg wash.
- Stir and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Roll dough into a ball and divide into 4 equal parts.
- Using a rolling pin roll out into a 12″ x 3″ oval shape.
- It will be thin.
- Place filling down the center of the oval.
- Pinch the top and bottom of the oval to create a boat shape, and fold the sides inwards.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with nigella seeds.
- Place individual pide on a baking sheet that has been sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the pide appears golden and crispy.