This spicy Korean Cucumber Salad (Oi Muchim 오이무침) Recipe has a refreshing crunch in every bite, coated with a delicious sauce that’s garlicky, savory, and tangy with a touch of sweetness. This quick & easy side dish comes together in a single bowl and makes for the perfect dish to add to your dinner table.
Those are really good too but I like my Korean cucumber salad to have a lighter seasoning which allows the refreshing taste of cucumbers to come through.
This Cucumber Salad is refreshing but packs a good kick of spice from the Gochugaru and gochujang with that aroma of fresh garlic, scallions, and of course the sesame oil and seeds. I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe as it is easily one of my favorite side dishes of all time! Please leave me a comment below:
How To Make Korean Cucumber Salad (Oi Muchim 오이무침) Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
- Cucumber ( 3 medium-sizes) 260 grams
- Onion ( 1/4 medium-size) sliced
- Green Onion ( 1 sliced)
- Garlic (3 cloves), minced
- Soy Sauce (1 tbsp)
- Rice Vinegar OR White Vinegar (1 tbsp)
- Gouhugaru (1 & 1/2 tbsp) adjust to taste
- Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Sesame Oil (1 tbsp)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (1 tap)
- Salt to taste
- Thinly slice the cucumber to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Add the cucumber to a large mixing bowl, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss well with your hands or a pair of tongs until the cucumbers are evenly coated and the sauce is absorbed, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!