Make some delicious Korean Green Onion Salad (Pa Muchim 파채무침) Recipe! It’s a popular Korean BBQ side dish! Scallion salad, called Pa Muchim, is so simple to make but really adds a lot of flavor to whatever it’s served with.
It requires only seven ingredients and a few minutes of time to prepare, and it’s great to put together yourself at home. Be sure not to skip the step of soaking the scallions in cold water. It cleans them, but it also perks them up and removes some of their pungency.
If you have to cut it yourself, it’s not that hard with a regular knife. It doesn’t have to be cut perfectly uniform. Once soaked in cold water to remove a bit of pungency and slimy substance, the scallions become perky and nicely curly.
How To Make Korean Green Onion Salad (Pa Muchim 파채무침) Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
- Green Onion (6.7 ounces) 190 grams, thinly sliced
Dressing (Mix these ingredients in a small bowl):
- Soy Sauce (2 tbsp)
- Raw Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Sesame Oil (1 tbsp)
- Sesame Seeds (1 tbsp)
- Korean Chili Flakes (2 tsp) Gochugaru
- White Vinegar (2 tsp)
- Garlic (1 tsp), minced
- Cut the scallions crosswise into about 4-inch lengths. Thinly slice each piece lengthwise.
- Rinse thoroughly the thinly sliced green onion in running cold water for 2 to 3 mins.
- Drain/Remove the excess water on the green onion.
- Mix the green onion with the dressing lightly but thoroughly.
- Serve it on a plate.