Carrot Salad– a mix of garlic, coriander, hot oil, and other spices transform the carrots into something unbelievable! Today I am sharing Delicious Spicy Korean Carrot Salad Recipe with you. This easy and delicious side carrot salad (Morkovcha) goes great with any grilled meat, fish, or pilaf.
Korean carrot salad is actually not originated from Korea and it is not even known in there! It was created by ethnic Koreans, who lived in post-Soviet countries.
A perfect recipe for an Asian inspired dinner or at your next BBQ. This Korean carrot salad is light and spicy. It’s even tastier if you prepare it one day ahead.
How To Make Delicious Spicy Korean Carrot Salad Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
you can serve it as it is. Sometimes I grill thin slices of eggplant, spread a bit of mayo over it and roll the salad inside. It’s a very delicious, easy and beautiful appetizer. Add some baked, grilled, or fried eggplant into the carrot and you will have a new variation of this salad.
This Carrot Salad recipe isn’t a true Korean Carrot Salad recipe, but a Russian variation from ethnic Koreans who lived in Russia’s theFar East. The Korean Russians adapted their recipes to available foods. In this case, carrots grew well in Central Asia where the Koreans were resettled.
- Carrots (4 ), cutting in julienned shaped
- Onion (1 large-size), finely chopped
- Olive Oil Or Canola Oil (1/ 3 cup)
- Garlic (6 cloves), minced
- Ground Paprika (1/2 tsp)
- Chili Powder (1/3 tsp)
- Granulated Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- White Vinegar (1 tbsp)
- Ground Black Pepper (1/4 tsp)
- Coriander (1/2 tsp), ground
- Fresh Herbs (1/4 cup), coriander & parsley, finely chopped
- Peal and Julienne the carrots. In a large bowl, combine carrots and ½ tsp salt.
- Set aside.
- Finely chop the onion.
- In a skillet, heat oil.
- Once hot, sauté the onions until completely cooked and tender.
- Remove skillet from heat and mix in minced garlic.
- Once the onions are cooled, add in the pepper, remaining salt, paprika, chili powder, sugar, vinegar, and coriander.
- Mix well.
- Pour everything over the carrots and toss until completely combined.
- Refrigerate covered at least 2 hours.
- Add fresh herbs and serve.
- Enjoy, friends and family.