Welcome back to my blog. Today I am sharing a Delicious Achari Chicken Curry Pakistani Food Recipe with you. It is a very easy recipe and the taste is outstanding and very delicious to eat. This recipe is famous in Pakistani especially at my home because my kids are like that recipe so much. Achari Chicken which literally meals “pickled” chicken is made with pickling spices. This North Indian curry uses an unbelievably flavorful combination of spices such as fennel seeds, Kaloji seeds, and fenugreek seeds for a warm, rich, pickle-flavored curry with smokey aromas. It is full of favors recipe. Try Achari chicken curry at home and let me know how it tastes in the comment section.
My mouth starts to water as I describe this dish. I grew up eating homemade pickles and the spices always made me curious as the flavors are so much intense. One of the spices used in making Indian & Pakistani pickles in nigella seeds known as Kalonji in India & Pakistan and I am so excited to introduce this new spice to you via this spicy, finger-licking chicken curry.
Served with cumin rice or steamed basmati rice and Tandoori Roti, naan, and a side of warm parathas to wipe up the curry sauce, this Achari Murgh (Pickled Chicken Curry) is a must-try. It comes together in less than 30 minutes in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. This recipe has 276 calories only and it is ready within 40 to 45 minutes only.
How To Make Delicious Achari Chicken Curry Pakistani Food Recipe Step By Step instructions:
Here, am showing you how to make this recipe at home. It is famous in India and Pakistan. I will be showing you in step by step recipe. Achari chicken curry is the best option for a dinner meal. You can eat with cumin rice and tandoori roti.
- Chicken with bones 1 kilogram
- Cooking Oil or Olive Oil 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Fenugreek Seeds 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds 1 teaspoon
- Fennel Seeds 1 teaspoon
- Onion Seeds or Kaloji Seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried Whole Red Chilies 4
- Garlic Paste 1 tablespoon
- Ginger Paste 2 tablespoon
- Yellow Onion 1 large
- Tomato Paste 1.5 tablespoons
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder 2 teaspoons
- Yogurt 1/4 cup
- Lemon Juice 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup coriander leaves
Procedure Of Cooking:
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode and heat oil.
- Add the mustard seeds and allow them to pop.
- Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, and fenugreek seeds. Sauté for 10 seconds.
- Add the sliced onion and mix well.
- Add whole red chilies and sauté for 3 to 4 mins covered or until the onions become translucent.
- Next, add ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric, chili powder, salt and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir everything together until the chicken is coated with all the spices.
- Turn off saute mode, add ½ cup of water and deglaze the pot.
- Layer the tomato paste on top and do not mix.
- Close the Instant Pot with the pressure valve to sealing.
- Pressure cook for 6 minutes followed by 10-minute natural pressure release.
- Open the Instant Pot and add a few spoonfuls of hot gravy to the yogurt and stir, this will prevent the cold yogurt from splitting in the curry.
- Add the yogurt to the chicken and mix well.
- Stir in lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.