Today I’m going to show my all-time favorite fast and easy recipe for a quick, spicy salad that can be made from a head of lettuce. This delicious and tasty dish from Korean Cuisine. The name of the recipe is “Korean Lettuce Salad (Sangchu-Geotjeori 상추겉절이) Recipe”. When my napa cabbage kimchi gets old and sour, I sometimes crave fresher kimchi that’s not so aged.
There are many kinds of Geotjeori (fresh salads) in Korean cuisine, this one just happens to be made with lettuce. As time goes on, I’ll show you more. It is a healthy recipe because I am using lettuce & you know that green vegetable is very healthy or health.
Enjoy the recipe, and let me know if you try it out!
How To Make Korean Lettuce Salad (Sangchu-Geotjeori 상추겉절이) Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
- Green Or Red Leaves Lettuces (1 bunch) about 1/2 pounds
- Garlic ( 2 cloves ), minced
- Green Onion (1 medium-size), chopped
- Worth Onion (1/4 cup), thinly sliced
- Soy Sauce ( 2 tbsp)
- Fish Sauce Or Salt( 1tsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- White Vinegar (1 tbsp)
- Korean Hot Pepper Flakes (2 tbsp)
- Toasted Sesame Oil (1 tbsp)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds ( 1tbsp)
- Wash and drain the lettuce. Shake the lettuce to remove excess water.
- Tear the lettuce into bite-size pieces and set it aside.
- Combine garlic, green onion, onion, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, hot pepper flakes, and toasted sesame oil in a large mixing bowl and mix it well until the sugar is well dissolved.
- Add the lettuce to the seasoning mixture and mix it gently by hand.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve it right away as a side dish for rice.