Brighten up your morning by having scrambled eggs the Turkish way! Menemen (Turkish Style Scrambled Eggs With Peppers) Recipe is a well-prepared dish for a traditional Turkish breakfast.
It looks complicated at first, but everything you’ll need is just sitting in your kitchen pantry. Plus, the prep time is quick, too.
Menemen, in its basic form, is just eggs scrambled with peppers, tomatoes, onions, and seasonings.
Sprinkle with chili flakes and feta cheese for an extra flavor boost.
You’ll love this easy Menemen recipe of soft, perfectly scrambled eggs with tomatoes, peppers, and onions! This simple one-pan dish comes together in 20 minutes or less and makes the perfect breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
How To Make Menemen (Turkish Style Scrambled Eggs With Peppers) Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
Here, I am going to share how to make scrambling eggs with peppers. Let’s start the recipe and enjoy my healthy breakfast or Turkish breakfast recipe. Just add your favorite crusty bread to serve along! This breakfast dish is light enough to enjoy as a simple breakfast/brunch, yet hearty enough to serve as a lunch or dinner.
Serve with the bread of your choice like pide or simit /bagels (ready for spreading and mopping up the tomatoey sauce) for a simple yet satisfying meal.
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (3 tbsp)
- Onion (1 small), diced
- Chopped Pepper (1 cup)
- Spicy Chili Flakes (1 tsp)
- Garlic (3 cloves), minced
- Tomatoes (1.5 cups), grated or diced also with their juice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Eggs (5 eggs)
- Crusty Bread
- Small Tortillas
- Spicy chili flakes
- Crumbly Feta Cheese
- Fresh chopped Parsley
- Or basil chopped
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, peppers, and chili flakes and cook them down for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Now, add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the tomatoes with a bit of salt and pepper and stir them up.
- Cook them down until the tomatoes soften and lose some of their juices.
- Don’t let the pan dry out. About 10 minutes or so.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl very lightly, then pour them into the pan.
- Tilt the pan a bit to let the egg mixture drip into the many nooks and crannies of your sauce.
- Do not mix it through.
- Cook them for a couple of minutes, or until the eggs are starting to set.
- Remove from heat and let the eggs finish cooking in the warm sauce, for a few minutes more.
- If you prefer your eggs more set, just cook them longer as desired.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs, crumbly feta cheese, and spicy chili flakes.
- Serve with warmed bread or tortillas.