In this article, I am going to share a very delicious & tasty restaurant Style Gobi Matar Masala Pakistani Food Recipe with you. I know many people don’t like veggies but this recipe is very yummy and tasty in flavor. If you make it one time at your home then your kids even your husband demand to make this recipe next time.
I am definitely sure that you like this Gobi Matar masala recipe. I am making cauliflower with peas but restaurant-style & I know that this recipe is also street food and is easily available in any Dhaba’s, highway hotels, and roadside hotels. But I am using a simple method and simple instructions you can just follow the instructions. And make a delicious Gobi Matar Masala Recipe at home. Let’s start with the recipe and how to make it:
How To Make Restaurant Style Gobi Matar Masala Pakistani Food Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
- Cauliflower (1 large size)
- Peas (1 cup)
- Cooking oil (3 to 4 tbsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Red Chili Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin Seeds (1 tsp)
- Cloves (2 pieces)
- Cinnamon stick (2 pieces)
- Black Peppers (4 to 5 peppers)
- Coarse Coriander (1 tbsp)
- Bay Leaf (1 leaf)
- Dried Red Chili (2 chilies)
- Chopped Onion (2 medium-sizes)
- Green Chilies (3 chilies ), Chopped
- Ginger (1 tbsp), Chopped
- Cumin Powder (1 tsp)
- Coriander Powder (2 tbsp)
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Black Pepper Powder (1 tsp)
- Chopped Garlic (1 tbsp)
- Tomato Paste (3 tomatoes use)
- Yogurt (3 tbsp)
- Kasoori Methi (1 tbsp)
- Water (3/4 cup)
- Garam Masala Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Green Chilies and ginger julienne for garnished
- Take a large cauliflower (Gobi) and cut it into small-medium pieces and wash it 4 to 5 times.
- Also, take one cup of peas (Matar) and time boil it.
- Now sprinkle a pinch of turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt into the pieces of cauliflower and mix well.
- Take a wok (Kadhai) and add cooking oil and heat it
- The cooking oil is hot then add cauliflower (Gobi), and fry it until then it becomes a golden color. When the Gobi turns golden then transfer it to the plate and set aside it
- In the same wok, add 2 tbsp of oil and add 1 tsp of cumin seeds, two cloves, 4 to 5 peppers, two pieces of cinnamon stick, 1 tbsp of coarse coriander, 1 bay leaf, 2 dried red chilies, and roast a little.
- When masala starts crackling then add chopped onion, finely chopped green chilies, 1 tbsp of ginger chopped, 1 tbsp of garlic chopped, and saute it on a low flame.
- Take a small bowl for making masala paste. Add 2 tbsp of coriander powder, 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri powder, 1/2 tsp of red chili powder, 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of cumin powder, 1/4 tsp of pepper powder, 2 to 3 tbsp of water, and mix well.
- Now add this prepared masala into the onion and mix everything well and also cook for 1 minute. after 1 minute, now add tomato paste and salt to taste and also add 1 cup of peas and mix everything well.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, remove the lid and add 3 tbsp of fresh yogurt and 1 tbsp of Kasuri Methi and mix well. Again close the lid and cook for a minute.
- After one minute, remove the lid and after the gravy starts releasing the oil and add fried Gobi and mix well. Add 3/4 cup of hot water and mix again.
- Now cover and cook again for 5 minutes. Then add 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala powder and finely chopped coriander and mix well.
- Delicious and tasty Perfect Restaurant style Gobi Matar Masala is ready and garnished with green chilies and ginger julienne
- Serve with tandoori roti, Naan, jeera rice