ss Today I am going to make a delicious and tasty healthy breakfast recipe. It is also eaten at lunchtime. But most people with this Delicious Lahori Chikar Cholay Pakistani Food Recipe | Punjabi Chikar Cholay enjoy breakfast with Parthas.
This Lahori Chikar Cholay is a traditional food recipe that is quite popular in the past and as of the present. Cholay recipe is quite easy and most prevalent in Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh though the dish has originated from Lahore most probably, and is one of the staple food items of the city.
The dish is doing popular that it is widely distributed in each and every restaurant in the city. It can be used for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and even as a mid-meal snack.
Lahori Chikar Cholay is highly nutritious due to its ingredients which include protein-rich chickpeas (Cholay) and can be cooked into an extremely mouth-watering dish by following this Lahori Chikar Cholay recipe.
Journey of Chikar Cholay:
Chickpeas are rinsed and soaked overnight. Then they are boiled in a pot until the required softness is achieved. A mouth-watering spicy gravy is prepared and the cooked Cholas are added to it.
As a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, chickpeas may offer a variety of health benefits, such as aiding weight management, improving digestion, and reducing your risk of disease.
How To Make Lahori Chikar Cholay Pakistani Food Recipe | Punjabi Chikar Cholay With Step-By-Step Instructions:
Here is a simple recipe to make Chikar Cholay at home and enjoy delicious yet healthy food. Serve it with crushed green chilies, lemon, and garam masala powder with fried naan or Batura as a main course meal or just as a snack.
This is a very tasty and delicious dish for Pakistan, especially Lahore. Lahori Chikar Cholay makes with lots of spicey and many more masala. Chikar Cholay has been my favorite kind of dish.
Chikar Chole is a traditional Pakistani recipe loved by desi food lovers and one of the most exotic foods of Lahore. Chickpeas are cooked in a delicious, flavorful, and spicy gravy.
Chikar Cholay is a favorite among many Pakistanis and is a very popular meal at dhabas and the most preferred breakfast of all. If you want to double the taste, add ‘Raita’ and you will find Chikar Chole even more appetizing.
Lahori Chikar Cholay Pakistani Food Recipe
- 1/2 kg Chickpeas
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 medium Grateed Onion
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 medium Boiled Potato
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds Powder
- 3 pieces Cinnamon Sticks
- 3 pieces Black Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Chicken Powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 3 Green Chilies
- Fresh Coriander Leaves (for garnishing)
- Firstly, take chickpeas in a large bowl and add water & baking soda. Soak the chickpeas for overnight or twelve hours.
- Drain the water from the chickpeas. Take the pressure cooker and add chickpeas and add water. Cover and cook until chickpeas become smooth. After the chickpeas are smooth then again strain the water but don't waste that chickpeas stock.
- Secondly, Take the large pot and add cooking oil, and ginger garlic paste, and saute it. Add grated onion and cook until it becomes light brown color.
- Now, add spices like salt, red chili powder, chili flakes, turmeric powder, & black pepper powder, and mix well
- Take the blender add boiled potato and a half cup of boiled chickpeas and grate it. Then add this mixture into the pot to thicken the gravy. Add cinnamon sticks and black cardamom and mix well.
- Also, add little water if needed. Add cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, chicken powder, & mango powder, and mix well (you can use chicken cube instead chicken powder)
- Now add boiled chickpeas and mix for 1 minute then add yogurt and again mix well. Then add three cups of chickpeas stock and cover cook for 5 minutes on the low flame.
- In the end, add Kasoori methi, green chilies, and fresh coriander leaves and mix well.
- Delicious and tasty Lahori Chakar Cholay is ready to eat. Serve with butter naan,