Hello everyone! Today I am going to introduce a new recipe to you. It is delicious and easy to make a home and also full of nutrients. I am sharing a Delicious Matar Makhana Curry Pakistani Food Recipe with you. It is an Indian recipe & easily found in Indian streets, hotels, dhabas, and restaurants but is now also made in Pakistan.
Rich, vibrant, and full of flavor, this curry dish is a perfect example of a special occasion/party dish.
It’s creamy, tangy, spicy, sweet, and above all has a very nice texture due to fox nuts/Makhana.
A crowd-pleaser and party-perfect dish, this curry will make you crave more. Makhana is puffed lotus seeds. They are a popular food to eat during fasting.
They are filled with carbohydrates, fiber, iron, zinc, and many other nutrients.
My mom often used to roast Makhana as a snack to satiate us between the meal hunger pangs. It tastes like popcorn but is much healthier.
Peas Makhana Curry/ Matar Makhane ki Sabzi:
Matar Makhana or Peas & Foxnuts curry is a deliciously rich and creamy curry that is prepared with puffed lotus seeds and green peas.
It is made in a thick and luscious gravy of tomatoes, cashews, and aromatic spices. I have recently been enjoying lots of Makhana. These are recommended to eat after delivery in India, as they are very nutritious.
So I thought why not try to make a curry with them? My mom suggested this Matar Makhana as this is a popular curry in North India.
How To Make Delicious Matar Makhana Curry Pakistani Food Recipe WIth Step By Step Instructions:
Here, I am sharing how to make this delicous recipe at home.
Some ways to enjoy Makhana – Roasted Makhana, Makhana Curry, and Makhana Kheer.
In addition, this super flavorful and finger-licking delicious Makhana, Mushroom, Mawa, and Matar goes well with naan or rice.
Delicious Matar Makhana Curry Pakistani Food Recipe
- 1 cup Peas (Matar)
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1.5 cups Makhana (Fox nuts)
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 pieces Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Black Peppercorns
- 4 pieces Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 medium Chopped Onion
- 2 to 3 Green Chilies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Kasoori Methi
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Milk Cream
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Chopped Coriander Leaves (for garnishing)
- Take a Kadhai on flame, 2 tsp of oil, and heat. Add 1.5 cup of Makhana (foxnut) and roast well on low flame until golden & crispy. After 5-6 minutes, turn off the flame and transfer the roasted Makhana to a plate. set aside it
- Place same a Kadhai on flame, add 2 tbsp of oil & 1 tsp of ghee, and heat well. Add two bay leaves, two cinnamon sticks, 4 cloves, 4 peppercorns, 4 cardamoms & 1 tsp of cumin seeds, and sauté few seconds.
- After sauté the Masala then add chopped onions and cook until then its comes to light brown. Then add green chilies, grated ginger, and garlic cloves and and cook it.
- After that procedure, then add tomatoes and 1/8 cashew nuts, and salt as required. Cover and cook for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid, after 2 minutes, then 65% gravy transfer into the another bowl. take a grinding jar, add 65% gravy and make a fine paste.
- Add 1 cup of green peas and 1/8 cup of cashew and mix well on low flame. After cooking gravy for some time, add prepared gravy paste and mix well.
- add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tsp of coriander powder, 1/2 tsp of cumin powder, 1 tbsp of Kasuri methi and 2 tsp of Kashmiri chilli powder and mix well. Add 1/2 cup of water, mix well and cook for 2 minutes with a closed lid.
- Remove the lid, add roasted Makhana, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, add 2 tbsp of whisked cream and 1/2 tsp of garam masala, and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and garnish it with chopped coriander and ginger Julienne. Delicious and tasty Shahi Matar Makhana curry is ready to eat. Serves with naan, zeera rice, chapattis.