Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
I am going to share a very delicious, tasty, yummy, and Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe with you. This pizza sauce is incredibly easy to make, tastes delicious, and is flavor-packed.
Made with fresh tomatoes, garlic, and some fresh or dried herbs, this has the rich and deep flavor of a classic pizza sauce and is naturally gluten-free, and also it is vegan. You can eat pizza without any kind of worry. Because this sauce is absolutely vegetarian.
This homemade pizza sauce is so easy and tastes so good you may never purchase another jar of ready-made sauce. With crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and a few basic seasonings, you’ll have a delicious red sauce for your pizza in just 15 minutes.
Plus, the sauce is vegan and gluten-free, with no preservatives, mystery ingredients, or excessive amounts of salt or sugar.
And you can adjust homemade pizza sauce easily to suit your taste. Add extra garlic or add a bit of dried basil along with the oregano, or replace dried herbs with fresh.
How To Make Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
- Whole Peeled Tomatoes (1 can), 28 ounces
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (1 tbsp)
- Unsalted Butter (1 tbsp)
- Garlic (2 cloves), grated
- Dried Oregano (1 tsp)
- A Pinch Of Red Pepper Flakes
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Yellow Onion (1 medium-size), peeled and split in half
- Basil Leaves (2 sprigs)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Process tomatoes and their juice through a food mill, pulse in a food processor until puréed, or purée with an immersion blender.
- Purée should not be completely smooth but should have no chunks larger than 1/16th of an inch.
- Set tomatoes aside.
- Combine oil and butter in a medium saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until butter is melted.
- Add garlic, oregano, pepper flakes, and a large pinch of salt and cook stirring frequently, until fragrant but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, onion halves, basil sprigs, and sugar. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to the lowest setting (bubbles should barely be breaking the surface), and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 1 hour.
- Discard onions and basil stems.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Allow to cool and store in covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.