Easy & Tasty Avocado Hummus Dipping Sauce Recipe
This Easy & Tasty Avocado Hummus Dipping Sauce Recipe is a modern twist on plain hummus and guacamole – a healthy, vegan, easy snack or appetizer with pita or veggie chips. Top this hummus with charred corn, salty crumbled cheese, and fresh cilantro for a deliciously healthy snack, appetizer, or spread that is packed full of flavor and texture!
I know you are just excited as I am so let’s talk about the healthiest and yummiest hummus that exists in the hummus world. Yes, I’m talking about avocado hummus.
This avocado hummus is so deliciously rich and creamy! The look is closer to guacamole but the taste is pure hummus with a touch of amazing. It’s crazily easy to make, you just make hummus and then add avocado.
How To Make Easy & Tasty Avocado Hummus Dipping Sauce Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
We were actually eating this for a while before we actually made an ‘official’ batch of avocado hummus.
- Perfect for healthy munching
- It is perfect for game day snacking
- Perfect for burger or sandwich complimenting
- However, you dip it, spread it, devour it!
Learn how to make Spicy Avocado Hummus at home! This recipe is easy to make and produces silky smooth, creamy dreamy, and deliciously healthy hummus! It’s packed with flavor and makes the perfect snack, appetizer, or spread.
- Chickpeas (1 can), well-drained
- Ripe Avocado (2 medium-sizes), peeled and cored
- Olive Oil (3 tbsp), plus more for serving if desired
- Tahini (1 & 1/2 tbsp)
- Fresh Lime Juice (3 tbsp)
- Garlic (1 clove), peeled
- Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Cumin (1/8 tsp)
- Cilantro Leaves (2 tbsp), finely chopped and also use for topping
- Red Flakes for topping
- Pulse chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (I did a scant 1/2 tsp salt and about 1/8 tsp pepper), add cumin and avocados, and pulse the mixture until smooth and creamy, about 1 – 2 minutes longer.
- Serve topped with more olive oil if desired and sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper flakes.
- Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.