Chicken Lemon Rice Soup Pakistani Food Recipe
Welcome back to my blog. I hope you are enjoying this winter season. This year, the weather is very cold rather than another winter season. That is why today I am sharing a very interesting and tasty Chicken Lemon Rice Soup Pakistani Food Recipe with you. Hope you can try this recipe and also like this easy soup recipe. It is full of nutrients and low in calories soup. It’s a very similar idea, but I use rice instead of noodles and finish it off with some freshly squeezed lemon juice for a light and vibrant flavor!
How To Make Chicken Stock or Broth In Easy Way:
I love making my own vegetable broth or chicken broth or chicken stock. That is why I am also sharing the recipe of chicken stock and vegetable stock but in this recipe, you can see totally different stock. It’s all about using up the scraps of vegetables you have laying around and cooking it with chicken, some herbs, and water. For this chicken lemon rice soup recipe, you can use the scraps from the vegetables needed for the recipe. If you don’t like the scraps from the vegetables you can you the fresh vegetables. It is depending on your choice.
How To Make Chicken Lemon Rice Soup Pakistani Food Recipe Step By Step Instructions:
Now that you know how to make the broth, the actual chicken lemon rice soup is easy peasy. Start by cooking the chopped onions, carrots, and celery along with garlic and any herbs you’d like (I love using thyme or oregano).
So, making the broth wasn’t all that pretty since we used vegetable scraps. But now we can chop the vegetables finely (and nicely!) because we’ll actually be eating these. Then add the shredded chicken from making the homemade chicken broth.
You can also use leftover chicken here. And add the short-grain rice. Now you’ll add the broth that you made (or store-bought broth) and let everything cook together. The goal is for the rice to get tender and fluffy. That’s how you’ll know the chicken soup is ready.
- One kg of Boneless Chicken or Chicken Breast
- Onion (1 large diced)
- Carrots (3 carrots diced)
- Celery Stalks (3 stalks diced)
- Bay Leaves (2 leaves)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Olive Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Garlic cloves (2 cloves minced)
- Thyme (half teaspoon)
- Rice (half cup)
- Lemon juice (2 lemons)
- Parsley for garnishing or serving
Procedure Of Cooking:
- Place chicken and scraps from the outer layers and end of the onions, carrots, and celery in a large stockpot.
- Add bay leaves and 8 cups water and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until chicken is fork-tender, it is means coo to chicken about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shredded it and then strain the chicken broth using a fine-mesh sieve and discard the vegetable scraps.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and thyme
- Cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and rice, then return the broth to the stockpot and bring a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is cooked about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with fresh parsley
Nutrients Of Soup:
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrates: 19 grams
- Protein: 14 grams
- Fat: 15 grams
- Saturated Fat: 3 grams
- Cholesterol: 74 mg
- Sodium: 96 mg
- Potassium: 344 mg
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Sugar: 2 grams
- Vitamin A: 5245 IU
- Vitamin C: 4.4 mg
- Calcium: 30 mg
- Iron: 1.4 mg
I am definitely sure you like this recipe and you are clear about the nutrients of this soup. It is a very tasty recipe let me know how its tastes in the comment section. If you wanna more interesting recipes or you wanna a Pakistani recipe so please visit my blog. You get the very tasty recipe with video and also step by step instruction. Thank you so much for watching my blog and supporting me.