Classic Chicken Parmesan ( Italian Recipe)
It is easily the best recipe I’ve ever tried and it’s likely to become you’re new favorite too. Everything about it is spot on delicious! From the tender crusted chicken to the gooey melted cheese. Classic Chicken Parmesan is the quintessential Italian Sunday dinner for the family. This dish brings back memories of my childhood.
This recipe is cooked partially in the skillet before being cooked the rest of the way in the oven to help the breadcrumbs get crispy and browned while the chicken cutlets stay moist.
Chicken Parmesan is such a classic and one of those Italian dishes that everyone loves. The chicken is perfectly golden and crispy on the outside, but still juicy on the inside, topped with marinara sauce and lots of cheese.
How To Make Classic Chicken Parmesan ( Italian Recipe) Step By Step Step Instructions:
- Chicken Breast, boneless and skinless ( 2 Breasts )
- Kosher Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Coarse Ground Black Pepper ( 1/4 tsp)
- Flour (4 tbsp)
- Eggs ( 4 large )
- Bread Crumbs ( 1 cup)
- Parmesan Cheese ( 1/2 cup grated )
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( 2 tbsp)
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Marinara Sauce (1 cup)
- Mozzarella Cheese ( 1 cup, shredded)
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Put the chicken breasts between two pieces of saran wrap or parchment paper and using a rolling pin or flat kitchen mallet flatten it to ½ inch thickness then season them with salt and pepper.
- In three shallow bowls add the flour to one, eggs to one (and beat until combined), and the panko and Parmesan cheese to the other (and mix).
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, then the egg, and finally press it into the panko mixture.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat and cook the chicken for on each side until golden brown (it’ll be raw inside still).
- Add the chicken to a baking sheet, add the marinara sauce on top and finally top with the shredded mozzarella and cook for .