Today I am sharing my favorite recipe or my favorite vegetable. It is a very tasty and very easy recipe and the taste is so much delicious. I hope you like this recipe and make it in the week on your home. Because it is so yummy. Delicious Chana Dal With Lauki Sabzi Pakistani Food Recipe is ready within 30 to 40 minutes only. Chana dal (split lentil) is also healthy for you. Because it has many nutrients and fiber and other vitamins in this lentil.
This Punjabi Lauki chana dal curry is an easy and quick recipe and goes very well with roti or chapatti. This recipe is made quite often at home. This recipe is also famous in India.
To make this recipe, I recommend soaking the chana dal for some time to soften them and also make sure that the chana dal is cooked properly. Sometimes I make the same sabzi with Punjabi wadis instead of chana dal.
I mak this Lauki chana dal in the pan you can make in a pressure cooker. But I am using a pan for cooking. So let’s start the recipe without any waste time.
How To Make Delicious Chana Dal With Lauki Sabzi Pakistani Food Recipe Step With Step Instructions:
- Lauki (Bottle gourd) 2 cups
- Chana Dal (Split lentil) 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped onion ( 1 medium-size)
- Chopped tomatoes (3 medium-sizes tomatoes)
- 1 to 2 Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch of ginger, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon of Cumin Seeds
- Turmeric Powder (1/4 teaspoon)
- Red Chili Powder ( 1/2 teaspoon)
- Garam Masala Powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of ghee or cooking oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves
- Salt as required
How To Cook It:
Soaking Chana Dal:
- Rinse and soak the chana dal for at least 45 minutes to 2 hours
- Take a pan and add 2 to 3 cup of water
- Pour the chana dal and tander it
- Drain the chana dal and keep it aside
Making Lauki Chana Dal:
- Firstly, heat the oil or ghee and add cumin seeds
- Add the onions and saute till they become translucent.
- Add the ginger and green chilies and saute for 10-15 seconds.
- Now add the tomatoes and all the dry spice powders. Saute till the tomatoes soften. Keep on stirring.
- The oil should start releasing from the onion-tomato masala.
- Add the chopped Lauki (bottle gourd) and salt. Pour water and stir
- Cover & cook for 20 minutes on the medium flame or until the Lauki is tender
- If there is lots of liquid in the sabzi, then simmer without the lid to dry the liquids.
- This Lauki chana dal gravy has a medium consistency.
- When the pressure drops on its own, remove the lid and stir the coriander leaves.
- You can also garnish the curry with coriander leaves.
- Serve Lauki chana dal hot with phulkas or roti