This creamy, tangy, and spicy Homemade Classic Spicy Burger Sauce Recipe is the best! It tastes fantastic on beef burgers, has great flavor from oregano, garlic, chili powder, and hot sauce, and enhances the flavor of beef without overwhelming it.
If you dig the sauce on Big Macs or the “special sauce” that high-end sandwich joints slather on their burgers, you are going to LOVE this burger sauce.
Traditionally, burger sauce is made with mayonnaise and ketchup plus spices and/or herbs.
What’s different about the recipe here is that I used canned tomato sauce instead of ketchup. Tomato sauce has a nice, pure, tangy tomato flavor without any of the sugariness that ketchup has.
How To Make Homemade Classic Burger Sauce Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
- Canned Tomato Sauce (2 tbsp)
- Mayonnaise (1/2 cup)
- Rice Vinegar (1/2 tbsp)
- Garlic (1 clove), peeled and minced
- Hot Sauce (1/2 tsp)
- Chili Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Fresh Oregano (1 tsp), finely chopped
- Mild Olive Oil (1/2 tbsp)
- Take a large mixing bowl and add all ingredients into the bowl
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth
- Keep in the fridge until ready to use