In this article, I am sharing a very delicious and tasty Mignonette Sauce For Oyster Recipe with you. This sauce is from the United State Of America recipe. The main ingredient of that recipe is white vinegar and Shallots.
It is ready within 15 minutes only but the marinated time is 4 hours which is why the process of this sauce is longer.
Mignonette is a classic shallot vinaigrette sauce that is used to garnish raw oysters. This sauce is so easy to make and is a must-have for oysters on the half shell.
You can either chop the shallots finely by hand, but you can also put them in a mini food processor to simplify the process.
Usually, the mignonette sauce is served in a small bowl with a small spoon, alongside the oysters on a platter. I am definitely sure you like this recipe. Try your home and do let me know how it tastes in the comment section.
How To Make Mignonette Sauce For Oyster Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
- Shallots (1/2 cup), minced
- White Vinegar (1/4 cup)
- Unseasoned Rice Vinegar (1/4 cup)
- Sugar (1/8 tsp)
- Salt (1/8 tsp)
- White Peppercorn (1 & 1/4 tsp), finely crushed
- Peel and coarsely chop the shallots. Put them into a food processor and pulse a few times, until the shallots are finely minced, but not mush, with pieces no smaller than the tip of a match.
- Place the minced shallots and any liquid released from them in a non-reactive bowl.
- Add the white vinegar, rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir with a fork.
- Add the freshly crushed white pepper. Stir with a fork.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours.
- For best results, store for at least 2 days before using.
The mignonette flavor will be better blended the longer it sits. You may notice that the crushed white peppercorns may sink to the bottom of the bowl as the mignonette rests. If you see this, just give it a little stir.