Today I am sharing a very delicious and Tasty Aloo Ki Tarkari Pakistani Food Recipe (Potato Curry)with you. It is a healthy breakfast recipe. Aloo ki Tarkari is a famous Pakistani Breakfast. It’s definitely part of a very traditional Pakistani / Indian breakfast buffet with much traditional vegetarian food.
Brown people call it “Halwa puri ka Nashta” meaning “semolina pudding and fried bread breakfast” but it has this potato curry and chickpea curry that goes with it. It is very easy to make because it is a quick recipe. This dish is a good snack for tea time. Your kids also like this recipe because it is not too much spicy.
How To Make Tasty Aloo Ki Tarkari Pakistani Food Recipe (Potato Curry) With Step By Step Instructions:
- Potatoes (4 medium-sizes), diced into small cubes shape
- Onion (1 medium-size), finely chopped
- Ginger & Garlic Paste (1 tsp)
- Crushed Red Chili Flakes (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/4 tsp)
- Tomatoes (2 medium-sizes), chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil (1/3 cup)
- Cumin Seeds (1/2 tsp), Jeera
- Nigella Seeds (1/2 tsp), Kalonji
- Mustard Seeds (1/4 tsp), Rai dana
- Fennel Seeds (1/2 tsp), Saunf
- Carom Seeds (1/4 tsp), Ajwain
- In a pot or pan, add oil, onion, and all dry spices and heat at medium flame until the onions become light brown.
- Then add all the other spices, salt, and tomatoes. Reduce the flame to medium-low and cover the pot. Allow tomatoes to soften up for 5 mins.
- Once the tomatoes soften up, add potatoes along with 2 cups of water.
- Cover the pot once more and let the potatoes simmer for 15 mins at a medium-low flame.
- The potatoes in this curry are super soft and overcooked. The overcooking causes some of the fine potato pieces to become mushy and give this dish a thick curry base.
- Once you reach the desired consistency, turn off the flame and serve with parathas, or halwa puri (fried flatbread)