The classic Easy & Creamy Broccoli Salad Recipe has had a makeover! My recipe is so creamy and delicious, it’s a perfect side to serve to friends and family over the holiday season.
Creamy Broccoli Salad is a must make for Summer or any time of year. It’s the ultimate side dish for so many dishes, from burgers to hot dogs to more.
I think there’s something about the sweet and savory flavors of this dish that just make it one of my favorite salads.
But everybody’s recipe is a bit different, so I decided to create a recipe that has all of my favorite ingredients in one fresh broccoli salad – crisp broccoli florets, bacon, red onion, sunflower kernels, cheddar cheese, dried cranberries, and a sweet, tangy, and creamy dressing.
How To Make Easy & Creamy Broccoli Salad Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
This salad makes a delicious side dish for just about any dinner and it’s perfect for potlucks and dinner parties. It’s also great for summer lunches and cookouts as it’s served cold and it’s so refreshing. Plus it’s fun to switch out that basic green salad with something different like so.
Ingredients Of Dressing:
- mayonnaise (3/4 cup)
- Sour Cream (1/4 cup)
- White Wine Vinegar (1 & 1/2 tbsp)
- Sugar (3 tbsp)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Pepper (1/2 tsp)
Ingredients Of Salad:
- Broccoli Florets (5 to 6 cups), 1 Ib
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese (1 cup), thicker not too finely shredded
- Dried Cranberries (2/3 cup)
- Crumbled Bacon (1/2 cup)
- Salted Sunflower Seeds (1/2 cup)
- Red Onion (1/3 cup), diced into small pieces
- Combine broccoli florets, cheddar cheese, dried cranberries, bacon, sunflower seeds, and onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate, small bowl, whisk together mayo, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper until smooth and well-combined.
- Pour dressing over broccoli combination and toss or stir well.
- Broccoli salad may be served immediately, but for best flavor refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Make sure to toss the broccoli salad thoroughly again before serving.