I am going to sharing a Homemade Maawa Kulfi With Khoya Pakistani Food Recipe with you. Kulfi, Maawa Kulfi, Khoya Kulfi, the Indian & Pakistan version of ice cream, is an ever-popular and all-time favorite of people across all age groups. It is a much sought-after recipe, especially during the hot summers in India. Kulfi is easy to make, delicious and a creamy dessert made of Maawa or khoa and is usually full of nuts. It is perfect for any jovial occasion with your loved ones.
The key ingredient in kulfi is khoya. Khoya is essentially those milk solids you see clinging to the sides of the pot when you let the milk simmer for a long long time. I suggest you can buy the 350 grams of khoya block from any kind of dairy store.
Kulfi is an Indian and Pakistani ice cream dessert made with milk, sugar, nuts, and cardamom. MaawaKulfi is my favorite dessert recipe because it is very good in summer and a very creamy and tasty recipe. My kids and my husband very like that recipe. You can also enjoy this recipe when you eat very slowly then you can feel many flavors of that recipe.
Ingredients For Maawa Kulfi Recipe:
Milk: Full Cream or full-fat milk is best for this kulfi recipe. Avoid using toned or skimmed milk.
Sugar: The granulated white sugar is what I add to my kulfi mixture. Adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste preference.
Saffron (Kesar): For this Kesar Pista kulfi recipe saffron is an essential ingredient. It gives the kulfi a beautiful yellow color and a rich taste.
Pistachios: The ground unsalted pistachio is the secret ingredient that makes my kulfi recipe so successful.
Mawa (Khoya): To thicken the milk and give it a creamy texture we add Maawa/khoya/evaporated milk in this kulfi recipe. Use unsweetened khoya to make kulfi.
Green Cardamom: It gives kulfi a sweet aroma and a slightly spicy taste. I prefer using green cardamom powder
How To Make Homemade Maawa Kulfi With Khoya Pakistani Food Recipe Step By Step Instructions:
- Milk (4 cups)
- Maawa or Khoya (1/4 cup) crumbled milk solid
- 3 to 4 tbsp of Sugar
- Chopped almonds & chopped Pistachios (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp of Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp of Rose Water or Kewra essence
- 1/4 tsp of Saffron
- In a thick bottom pan, bring milk to a boil. Add saffron to the milk and allow it to dissolve
- Continue heating milk on a low flame for 15 – 20 minutes or until it reduces to half
- Add sugar and let it dissolve completely. Keep stirring continuously for about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Now add Maawa, cardamom powder, almonds, and pistachios, and keep mixing.
- Let the mixture blend completely and until then keep stirring. This may take about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Add rose water and let the mixture cool.
- Pour the mixture into kulfi molds.
- Keep these molds in the freezer to set.
- Once the kulfi is set, remove the molds from the freezer and dip them in some water.
- Serve it immediately. Enjoy this Maawa kulfi this summer
- You can get lollipop molds and make your life easier! I chose the tough life
Nutrition Facts Of This Recipe:
Calories: 284 kcal
Protein: 13.2 grams
Fats: 13.1 grams
Carbohydrates: 31.1 grams
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 155 mg
Potassium: 382 mg