Originally from Burma, Chicken Khow Suey or Khao Suey is a popular dish. Among the Memon & Gujrati community of Pakistan. It comprises noodles in coconut or yogurt-based curry, with spicy chicken or beef, and an array of condiments. That is why today I am sharing Delicious Memoni Khaosay Pakistani Food Recipe with you. This recipe is such tasty and delicious to eat.
This recipe includes ingredients, such as coconut milk and egg noodles, which are not considered a part of traditional Pakistani foods’ ingredients.
Traditionally known to be a group of business persons hailing from Gujarat, India, the group has scattered across the globe through time.
Nevertheless, one of the largest Memon diasporas is settled in Karachi, and its cultural impact on the metropolis is evident.
How To Make Delicious Memoni Khaosay Pakistani Food Recipe Step By Step Instructions:
- Spaghetti ( 1 pack)
- Chicken Breast ( 2 large breast pieces)
- Grated Garlic (1 tbsp) maximum 4 cloves
- Fresh Grated Ginger (1/2 tbsp) maximum 1 inch
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin Seeds (1 tsp)
- Dry Red Chili Pepper ( 4 chilies)
- Curry Leaves (10- 15)
- Coconut Milk (2 cans) 14 oz each
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 a Lime
Ingredients For Topping Or Garnishing:
- Eggs (6 eggs)
- Cloves Garlic ( 6 pieces)
- Shallots (2 to 3)
- Green Onion ( 2 to 3 strig)
- Green Coriander (chopped handful)
- Chili Pepper (1 to 3 )
- Lime Wedges
- Vegetable Oil For Frying (3 to 4 tbsp)
Starting from marinating the chicken. First, take a chicken breast and wash it properly. Now cut into small bite-sized pieces. Now add grated garlic and ginger into the bowl. Also, sprinkle turmeric powder and add some salt to the chicken. Mix all ingredients and then cover it. Store the chicken in the fridge for 1 hour.
The step is to prepare the topping and garnishing of the khow Suey.
- Hard boil the eggs
- Roughly chopped the coriander
- Finely slice the green onion & Green Chilies
- Set them aside in little condiment bowls
- Finely slices the shallots and garlic cloves
- Heat the oil in the wok ad fry the garlic cloves. cook it until then it comes to golden brown color and then remove them from the oil. Place them on a paper napkin to drain the excess oil
- Repeat this process again with onion slices and place them on another paper napkin to drain the excess oil
in the meantime, boil your spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Strain the spaghetti and set aside it.
Take a pot, add half tbsp of oil and also add cumin seeds, dried red chili pepper, and curry leaves. They will immediately start sputtering and will brown quickly so give it a stir.
Add marinated chicken and stir it. And stirring until then its change the color.
Turn the stove on the low flame and add 2 cans of coconut milk and season it with salt. Bring it up to simmer, stirring occasionally.
Cook the chicken approx. 10 to 15 minutes. Then turn off the flame. Now add noddle to the sauce and mix it together or serve the sauce separately.
This step is my favorite step. Serve the noodle hot with all topping or garnishing ingredients. Personally, I like the all toppings.
How To Serve It?
The Memon variation of Khaosay uses spaghetti as the dish’s base, topped with curry made up of gram flour, coconut milk, and curried chicken cubes.
For a layer of crunchiness, fried spaghetti, samosa dough, and spicy papri are added to the mix.
The delicacy is garnished with green chili, ginger slivers, and chaat masala (a spice mix of cumin, rock salt, pepper, and dried mango powder) for extra punch.