The components of a good & Quick Dumpling Dipping Sauce Recipe are pretty simple, and it comes down to a balance of different flavors: salty, sweet, spicy, and a little bit of tang, or sourness.
Chinese dumplings are one of the most traditional dishes in Chinese cuisine and a must-have at everything from family dinners to banquet meals. But a dumpling wouldn’t be a dumpling without the dipping sauce that goes with it.
The sauce works great for classic pork-filled dumplings but also pairs wonderfully with pockets filled with eggs, prawns, or vegetables.
How To Make Quick Dumpling Dipping Sauce Recipe With Step By Step Step Instructions:
Ingredients For Chile Oil:
- Chili Powder Or Chile Flakes (1 tsp)
- Cooking Oil (2 tbsp)
Ingredients For Sauce:
- Garlic (2 cloves), minced
- Light Soy Sauce (3 tbsp)
- Chinese Rice Vinegar (2 tbsp)
- Sesame Oil ( 2 tsp)
- Chile Oil (1 tsp), or more to taste
Making The Chile Oil:
- Place the chili powder or chile flakes into a heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Pour the hot oil into the chili powder. Let it cool.
- The chile oil can be stored in the fridge in an airtight jar or container if not used immediately.
Making The Dipping Sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon of hot chile oil.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Serve with your favorite dumplings.