Hello, I’m going to share a very delicious and Easy Homemade Turkish Lahmacun Recipe (Turkish Pizza) with you. It is very easy to make at home. Flat and crunchy Lahmacun is like a pizza prepared with minced meat, salad, and lemon on bread and can be wrapped or foldable in half.
The Turkish pizza counterpart is full of taste. Minced lamb and amazing Mediterranean spices are partying in your mouth. It is one of the popular street food you can find all over Turkey. So, you should give a place to it on your menu on your next holiday to Turkey. Delicious! Topping this with lemon and mint made this outstanding! We doubled the ingredients for 6 people and still, there were no leftovers. Served it with the Mediterranean salad.
Several variants of lahmacun have emerged in the foodie market, but among the favorites are garlicky, doused with red chili flakes, and really crispy. All these are worth a try, but you can’t go wrong with the classic, either.
How To Make Easy Homemade Turkish Lahmacun Recipe (Turkish Pizza) With Step By Step Instructions:
This pizza Lahmacun is good as a snack, an appetizer, or as a meal itself – any time of the day.
Lahmacun is also known as Armenian pizza. So which cuisine does it originally belong to? Turkish and Armenian cultures have a lot in common in terms of their food because they used to live together during Ottoman Empire in the past. So it’s hard to say which one first invented lahmacun.
Ingredients Of Making Dough:
- All-purpose flour ( 3 cups)
- Salt ( 1 tsp )
- Water ( 1 cup), slightly warm
Ingredients Of Topping Of Lahmacun:
- Ground Beef ( 150 grams)
- Ground Lamb ( 100 grams)
- Onion ( 1 medium-size) finely chopped
- Green Pepper ( 1, finely chopped)
- Tomato ( 1 medium-size) finely chopped
- Garlic ( 1 clove ) mashed
- Tomato Paste ( 1 tsp )
- Pepper Paste ( 1 tsp )
- Parsley ( 1 bunch ) chopped
- Isot Pepper Or Red Flakes Pepper ( 1 tsp )
- Salt ( 1 tsp )
- Mix flour and salt for dough,
- Add water slowly and knead until you get a soft dough,
- Cover it and rest for half an hour,
- Take all other ingredients on a large cutting board and mix with a knife as if you are chopping them,
- Heat in the oven at 240 degrees,
- Take a small piece of dough and roll in the size of a plate,
- Put the dough leaf into the oven tray,
- Take 2 tbsps from the filling and spread over the dough,
- Bake until the edges are slightly brown,
- Prepare the remaining dough and filling in the same way,
- You can serve and eat with parsley and fresh lemon juice.
To serve lahmacun wraps, all you need is a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on top. Add a few slices of red onions, fresh mint leaves, and maybe a few radish slices. Wrap up and enjoy!
People generally order two or three lahmacuns– if not more, so one is never enough. Some restaurants serve it sliced like a pizza, but traditionally it is eaten whole and rolled up.