This Easy & Homemade Classic Bruschetta Recipe is a go-to summer appetizer that will leave everyone satisfied and coming back for more. Perfect for summer parties, weeknight dinners, or even weekend brunch!
This is really very strange because I don’t like tomatoes. I don’t despise them but I don’t enjoy them. And what is bruschetta? Tomatoes. Ninety percent tomatoes.
But for some reason when you add some garlic, salt, pepper, basil, and a touch of balsamic vinegar to the tomatoes they transform into the most delicious bite that you could ever eat.
Bruschetta is an easy Italian appetizer made with bread that is grilled then rubbed with cloves of garlic. It is often topped with olive oil, juicy and bright tomatoes, and fresh basil leaves. A quick appetizer that you can throw together in just 20 minutes!
How To Make Easy & Homemade Classic Bruschetta Recipe With Step By Step Instructions:
- Ingredients of Tomatoes:
- Roma Tomatoes ( 2 pounds) ripe the tomatoes
- Garlic ( 2 cloves ) finely minced
- Basil Leaves ( 5 leaves ) rolled up and sliced into thin strips and also use in garnish
- Balsamic Vinegar ( 2 tsp )
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Ingredients of Bread:
- Loaf of Wheat French Bread ( 1/2 bread) about 7 to 10 slices
- Butter ( spreading onto the bread)
- Garlic ( 1 clove )
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Quarter your tomatoes, and pull all the seeds and “pulp” out of the middle with your fingers and discard so you are just left with the meat of the tomato
- Chop the tomatoes up into small, bite-size pieces
- Transfer your tomatoes into a medium bowl and add in your garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste
- Store in the fridge until the bread is ready
- Slice your loaf of wheat french bread into about 1 1/2 inch slices (ish)
- Spread softened butter onto both sides, place the bread on a baking sheet, and place in your preheated oven for 10 minutes
- Remove the bread from the oven, flip all of the slices over, and bake for another 5 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides
- Slice the tip-off of one garlic clove so you have a flat surface
- Rub the garlic clove across the top of each toasted bread slice
- Spoon the tomato mixture onto the bread, top with a little more basil, and serve!